The Contract & Procurement Administrator is responsible for the procurement of services and the development and administration of contracts. This role ensures that competitive advantage is optimized, risk is minimized and policies and practices related to procurement and contract management are complied with.
- Degree in business, material management, supply chain operations or related field.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Supply Chair Management Professional (SCMP) or related certification required.
- 8-10 years' recent, related experience in a similar role. Experience in mining is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of procurement and contract practices, principles, processes and strategies that reduce risk, increase value and create efficiencies and cost savings.
- Strong business acumen, judgment, decision making and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent ability to write and document procedures and results.
- Ability to adapt to change and learn quickly.
- Eagerness to operate in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Ability to influence others to achieve results.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience in executing contractual terms and conditions in conjunction with established policies and procedures.
- Excellent ability to use computer systems and Microsoft Office.
- Develops and implements the procurement and administration policies, procedures and processes.
- Collaborates and provides business support to the project team in the preparation of strategic procurement and sourcing strategies and tendering documents and processes.
- Prepares the formal agreements and contract documentation for signature by authorized staff. Administers the contract on an ongoing basis.
- Prepares evaluation of tenders, finalizing the documentation required for the recommendation to award, issuance of the recommendation and follow up to ensure timely approval to award. Utilizes strong negotiation skills in order to ensure optimization of the contract for the business.
- Maintains all correspondence, change requests, contract amendments, notices, etc.
- Processes contractor requests for progress payment, reviewing for accuracy of the request prior to issuance to cost control.
- Conducts contract and vendor performance management and evaluation.
- Fosters strong relationships both internally and externally including with team members, vendors, suppliers, contractors and others.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Compensation & Benefits